Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Never Fall From Lace








Lace can be added to any detail of an outfit from a dress to top to shorts to even shoes. Lace is always going to up the girliness of any outfit even jean shorts. Lace is a way to add an interesting unique pattern to an item. When you wear lace you instantly feel more delicate and ladylike. Lace can make a look more demure and romantic, but can be used to create a little bit of an edge at the same time.

Look 1

I love the lace details on this dress.

Lace


Miss Ferriday white top, $173
Dorothy Perkins white top, £12
Bootie boots, $15
G by Guess stackable jewelry, $19
Betsey Johnson flower drop earrings, $30
Disney Couture white jewelry, $28
Dior 'Diorlisse', $21
Brown Horse Shoe Satchel, £25


Look 2

Lace doesn't just have to be white. This skirt and jacket incorporate black lace beautifully.

Lace 2


Lace jacket, $43
Lipsy lace ruffle skirt, £20
Zenana Outfitters Bra Strap Lace Tunic Cami, $9.99
Expressions NYC sequin handbag, $48
Gold plated jewelry, $33
K Amato 18 karat gold jewelry, $36
Foxy Originals gold tone jewelry, $50


Look 3

This lace vest just ups the femininity of this look.

Lace3


Stripe shirt, £15
Daytrip crochet vest, $26
Floral shorts, £18
Dorothy Perkins navy handbag, £30
White ring, $35
Gold tone earrings, $12
Gold jewelry, $43
Dior 'Diorlisse', $21
Chinese Laundry Blush Marina Ballet Flats, $35


When you are looking for items with lace I think you need to look more for those items that use antique looking lace. I just think they have a prettier pattern and they are more sturdy. I think lace looks fabulous paired with other fabrics. The one downside I have to lace is I do not like a lot of lace in one look.

Star